Tuesday 23 April 2019

Writing and Imagination Equals E-Books (WR + IM = EB's)



Moonraker - an example of music I like to listen to

The weather has been glorious over the Easter weekend; not that I typically celebrate Easter. But it gave a wonderful opportunity to sit in the garden amongst curious insects and low-flying birds.

There was also the opportunity to listen to the neighbours extremely loud music, which was incredibly loud and incredibly crap. The constant booming of the bass was enough to drive one mad or to drink (or both).

I am a music lover, and I enjoy all genres; but I don't enjoy being forced to listen to an awful bass line and bloody awful lyrics. 

Enough is enough is enough...moaning that is...


The weekend was a success in other aspects, one was the successful completion of a book I was reading, the other was the successful completion of a book I am writing.

First of all, the reading: Jack the Ripper Case Closed, written by Gyles Brandreth featuring the comedy sleuthing duo of Oscar Wilde and Arthur Conan Doyle. Quite brilliant, and revealing and expertly written. 

The writing consists of a new idea for a series, of which this is number one. It is called Once the Lights Go Out and is a drama set within the world of theatre. I am producing novellas collected under one umbrella, tentatively titled Imagination Circus. These will be stories in one universe, but not connected. Sort of my homage to Amazing Stories or The Twilight Zone. I aim to get this on as an e-book asap.

Imaginations play more of a role in our daily lives than we think, and it is far more important than logic. While logic stops you from touching a flame, for instance, imagination gives you ideas of what to do with that flame. So stay with it, keep it there when you're walking about the town. I certainly need it, living in Maidstone!

Next up is dandy highwaymen - I have written a story and I would like to take it out there and into places to perform it. More next week...



No comments: