Monday 27 April 2015

Beginnings Again

Like a caterpillar in a chrysalis I am in a period of change; but what colour will my wings be? This blog is in the process of alteration as is my brain. Days are long, and then the night comes quickly. Sometimes I yearn for company only to wish I was alone. The world hurries past me in the television that is the kitchen window. I am the viewer, and the critic; I don't want to be part of the story.I create the story.

On a Tuesday evening the Poetry Society hold an open mic session in the Poetry Cafe dans le Londinium. I have a plan to become a member of the Poetry Society, write some poems, and then foolishly attend an open mic session and release my musings to the collective.

If you wish to try and write a play then I urge you to take a peek at Pint-Sized Plays, who have launched their annual competition. The rules are simple, you write a play of between 5 and 10 minutes, with little set and few actors, and then those selected will be entered into the competition proper and performed. Imagine, if you will, a play being performed in a small pub and you will have the correct mental attitude to enter. It looks like a good deal of fun and I am certainly going to be entering with my latest creation.

Blogs are becoming far more visual, so here is a picture taken in Florence, Italy, circa 2014.

No comments: