Thursday 16 May 2019

In My Quest to be Noticed I Panic

All writers and artists need one thing: to be noticed.

All writers and artists fear one thing: to be noticed.

It's a strange way of being, because part of you is desperate to be out there and sharing your masterpiece to the world; while there is a strong urge to place it in a draw and forget about it, moving on to a new piece of work far better.

So you can keep working and never sharing, and this gets you entirely NOWHERE.



There is art in getting your work out there and read and viewed and critiqued and loved and hated and admired. It requires heart and guts and you basically have to suck it up and just do it.

Because without revealing your work, all you will be is a pretend artist, and all artists want to be real.

I want to be real, instead of lounging in my imagination, so with that in mind I am launching myself into the real world using my imagination. It is going to be an onslaught of wild-eyed nuttiness and I intend to gt myself into the minds of others so as to get a chance of breaking down those barriers and seeking some recognition - good and bad.

Writers cannot write for everyone, there are always some who don't like what you do (the trouble is now they have a voice on social media instead of just their circle of friends); but all that is fine. Some people don't like salad, I don't like salad, but that doesn't stop my partner from eating salad. Salad is good but it is not for me.

(That was a review of salad)

So if you know anyone who wants a  storyteller, a performer, a writer to attend a talk, let them know there are people here. I have loads of lovely Twitter friends needing to get noticed; I have loads of lovely Facebook friends who support my nonsense. I need gigs and attention, and I'm going to jolly well get it!

**  **  $$  $$  ££  ££  ##  ##  "" !

I was searching through some old files the other morning and came across my rewrite of Romeo & Juliet, in this, they are vampires and therefore, cannot die. I have made a tragedy become a happy ending. So, what to do with this script?

Many years ago, probably 10, I gave the script to the Oast Youth group and they did a reading and loved it it. Perhaps there is a chance that my one-act happy ending R & J can go somewhere.

As I have been saying, you just got to put it out there.

For more strange ideas and quirks visit my Youtube channel, where I am performing as Hary. Or go to my website www.nadiemaan.weebly.com



No comments: