Friday 22 November 2019

Reasons to Leave That Thought Behind



Time: 8.28 - Place: Maidstone - Thoughts: Anger---

Why?

Here's the reason - I was sitting in my car making my daily commute to work at the same time as yesterday and a consideration flooded over me at how selfish people are while driving. You find yourself continuously blocked or honked or cut-up or ass-kissed. People seem to be angry and self-centred and do not allow any sympathy for fellow human beings.

Then I stopped thinking that and instead I turned it around. I came to a conclusion based on fog.

I was sitting in the car at the same time I have been doing every day, every week, every month, for the last six years...so perhaps had all these other people. The day consists, in basic terms, of waking, eating, sitting in a car, sitting at a desk, sitting in a car, sitting at the television, sleeping. That's it...THAT'S LIFE!

So what if instead of everyone being selfish, we are all instead in a fog of nothing?

We repeat the same patterns day in, day out, and for most I can't imagine the work life being particularly taxing and uplifting. The same dreary drudge to and from and to, mental fog descends and before you know it your mind has not left the bed, only your body.

The Walking Dead are walking the Earth.

The Walking Dead Seasons are here

Now this is a thought that has been considered by many years, and I saw it this morning as Iat in the same traffic, seeing the same people with the same looks on their faces. I saw school kids walking the same path and wondered if they have considered that they will too be sitting in this traffic following the same path. The thing is, you can move and change jobs, but the situation remains.

Look at Dawn of the Dead, the film by George Romero. The zombies are shoppers walking aimlessly around a shopping mall. It is a sight you see every weekend. We are brainwashed from school to think that this is the acceptable journey we should be going on in order to feed the system.



Here lies Dawn of the Dead - the original one

I don't want that.


I want poetry and music and laughter and life. You too can change the patterns, the first thing that you need to do is notice the patterns you are falling in.
Get some excitement, get some change and gather it all from a place of love. It is no good getting angry about your situation or life, you can achieve greater success when you come at your life from a place of love. Start by loving and believing in YOU and then charge forward from there. Help others; make people smile.

The mantra I was taught at school and that followed through into my professional life was this:

YOU DON'T GET ANYWHERE BY BEING NICE.

To which I calmly reply: BULLSHIT.

You get to a very lonely place through being a shit and no amount of money is going to change that.

If you want music, poetry, excitement, love, dancing, action, daring and fun, then you have to start producing it in your life. You are the one who can make change and try to escape that commuted fog. That doesn't mean you have to change jobs or anything if you don't want to, just change your mindset.

My anger this morning at peoples selfishness quickly subsided when I considered how we are all following the same daily path and we slip into a mental fog. I started to feel a  little sorry for these people. It may be that at work or home they are the life and soul of the place, but in that moment, with the radio playing the same track and the other drivers following a similar path, your mind falls and slips into a place of solace. Flip it out.

Mindfulness - A Practical Guide to Finding Peace in a Frantic World

Peace is the answer to all of our ills, peace and love and harmony. Mindfulness is a way of hearing yourself and ultimately others. Our top businesses are already harnessing the power of mindfulness, and in future blogs I will be moving along those lines as I use my studies to pass on to others the benefits and power to being at one with you. Our angry days could be over, the human race can actually achieve success through love. We just need to believe in that more.

Zac Thraves is a writer and performer living in Kent, UK. 

No comments: