Wednesday 4 December 2019

Go Punk and Die Trying For A Friend

Anarchy is the name of the game and I want to play that game with you...

All right me loves? Yes, you can take your lead from the great entertainer who was Bruce Forsyth and lead a life where you beat The Generation Game, and if you Play Your Cards Right, you might Strictly Come Dancing all the way to success if The Price is Right.

In short, find a mentor, whoever that might be and learn learn learn. That, I think, is the secret to life and success. LEARN.



Time to change. Change is essential for success. Now is the time to move on to phase 2, like Marvel, life is in phases. You must learn and grow and move. Perhaps being forty *cough cough* something I should be on more phases, and you younger readers may (if I have any that is) already be on phase 3. Anyway, I am officially now on phase 2 of achieving my goals, and the first part of that phase will hit theatres (?) in 2020. Maybe I'm taking this Marvel approach too seriously.

Forty-something in "human" years actually equates to twenty-something in "universe acknowledgement and belief in the power" years.

I am a storyteller, writer, poet and performer. Shows across the south east are coming to you - I am calling them workshop/shows. 

AAArgh! It's out there!

My curious alter-ego Hary is going to be a stand up. Hey, you wanna book me for a 3 minute slot of surreal nonsense?

Do it now!

"Aaargh! Stop it!" Cries my ego as it tries to drag me back into my cave of fear.

You got to be brave and bold, like Batman (the brave and the bold is an animated Batman movie). Sick of superheroes? Then be your own.



JoJo Rabbit is currently sitting at $16m in the US box office and is released widely in January.
It tells the story of a young Nazi Youth child who meets a Jew and who has an invisible friend in the guise of one Adolf H. It may not sound much on paper, but this unique film comes from the wondrous imagination of Taika Waititi, who gave us the surreal and charming Thor: Ragnarok.



The benefits of having an invisible friend

Do we ever lose that friend? It is our mirror, into our soul. Our beautiful and lovely person who some miserable old farts would consider the child in all of us is our friend. Remember that person from a time ago who wanted to become an astronaut, or poet, or movie director? That's still you, it's just that grown-up you took over and became this boring git sitting in an office waiting for the clock to hit 5.

Or you became an astronaut and everything is excellent...you don't need an invisible friend.

So I would say that having an invisible friend is hugely beneficial for your dreams, aspirations and achieving your goals, and through entertaining your invisible friend via your imagination you are gaining a great deal of insight and help through YOU. You and your alter-personalities have drunk in a wonderful ocean of information over the years, and it all has to be stored somewhere, so go ahead and tap into that source of energy within you. You are a Google search in physical form.



Spiked Imagination 3 preview


Yes folks, here is the cover of my new and latest Spiked Imagination Series book, available to buy at Amazon from 20th December 2019, it will be just 99p on Kindle, which is a grand old price reminding me of buying a Flake ice-cream back in the day. They are still called 99's, but I would reckon would cost over two quid now!



Now, finally, this is my penultimate blog before 2020 and every year I reckon it's time for a refresh. So, I shall be changing the address and content for the new year. Please continue to read my twice monthly updates as I explore my journey into workshops, shows, writing and sharing ideas. 

Thank you all for your time. 

1 comment:

Catnip Evergreen said...

I always love reading your blogs! Bet you don't even know who Catnip Evergreen is, do you? ;-)