Wednesday 13 April 2011

Alibi TV are running their successful Crime Fiction Competition again this year, click on http://uktv.co.uk/alibi/homepage/sid/8644 for more details.

The closing date is 1st May which is not unachievable, what is slightly daunting is trying to write crime fiction. It seems to me that every angle has been done, then the voice in my head says there are only three stories in the world, but crime fiction is a huge task and surely one of the most underrated forms. I've spent the last two days writing down ideas, characters, plots, crimes, settings but just cannot seem to agree with myself on anything.

Perhaps the joy should be in the writing and letting the story take over, maybe I'm putting myself under pressure to find a new angle when there is no new way of doing it. In short, this could be one of the toughest competitions simply because crime fiction is a very popular style of novel.

If I succeed, I'll post the result here. (writing the story that is, not winning it!)

No comments: