Wednesday 28 September 2016

New Poetry Project

Poetry is very important to me; it balances my life and can be found everywhere you go. For instance, the poetry of the trees rustling in the wind is beautiful.

So I write poems, and read plenty of them. You can find me at Poetrysoup and access everything that I have written, I also have a book of collected poems available at Amazon, called Twen2y Ei8ht, which can be found at the following link:

Twenty Eight

I also have a new project on the go, and this is something that I would love to take to galleries and libraries in the future when I have completed them. It is called LOVE, and I write on canvas what love is, and then add artwork to compliment the words.

My first work is hanging in my house and has been on display at Tunbridge Wells Library. I have more now, and one that I would like to share with you:

What can I do to prove my love? Lasso the moon?
How can I say that my LOVE is anything other than pure for you?
When all we can do is shatter the mirror that holds our world together
and discover the truth of all that we hold dear to us; LOVE is madness,
yet LOVE is beautiful in its every form.
Picture the view on top of the tallest building in the whole world
and tell me that your love cannot go higher, yet, how can love have
any construct in the physical world as it is a magical conundrum?
A failing of the ailing human race; is it not a form of screaming at the top
of one's voice while all the time remaining silent? Our world is one, as
two trees joined together, our limbs entwined as branches. Love cannot
be seen, it cannot be proved and is nothing more than a glimmer of a
once in a lifetime opportunity to be with one person. Love is a chance
for freedom; it is a throw of the dice; and you can lasso the moon.


No comments: