Friday 6 January 2017

Dreams, can they come true?


Dreams are a strange occurrence in our lives. What do they mean? And if they mean anything why do we have them.

I had a dream last night that was all too real. It felt as if it was a glimpse into the future. I was with a woman and her child and for some reason we had fallen in love with each other. The woman I know, but she does not yet have a child. We spent a lazy day on the sofa and then I decided that I had to go back to my flat, although I don’t have a flat. It was then that the truth came out and that we had fallen for each other. There was nothing more to it than that.

What if this was a glimpse into the future, can dreams do that? I think that they can. I once had a dream that I was with the woman that I am with now, and the actual dream came  true in all of its fine little detail. It was scary, almost like a déjà vu moment, I had to stop and remember the dream as it was playing out before my eyes. The exact wording and movement I could predict, and it all came to fruition.


We dream all of the time and not every dream that you have can come true, for instance I once dreamt that I was mates with Bruce Willis, now geographically there is no way that is going to happen. But when you have vivid dreams, that feel real, the ones that you can remember without even thinking about it, are they a look at what might be, or will be? Perhaps it is a look at your destiny, a glance at what the future holds for you if your life plays out in its current form. But then we could make changes to our lives, people come and go, what if the woman in the dream no longer remains a part of my circle, then perhaps destiny plays its hand?

What I do know is that some dreams do come true, I am witness to that. And when I have these vivid dreams it makes me stop to think: is this where my life is going?

It’s a scary thought, because it means that your life is pre-ordained and not one of random choice. But it is also quite magical to think that our brains have the ability to see into the future.

Our brains are complex and detailed instruments and something that we don’t understand fully. I like to think that we have a destiny, not that a life is already played out but that we can trust in the universe and the universe has a place for us. That brings me satisfaction.

No comments: