Friday 10 November 2017

We Are All Super


Everyone is a superhero.

 


That’s a pretty broad statement, and of course, not everyone is a superhero on account of some not being very nice, you probably have an idea of those types of people. But the rest of us are superheroes and we all have gifts which make us unique, we just think they’re normal, that’s all.

So I would suggest that most of us go around our daily routine not thinking that we each have a super-gift which aids us along our way. It is invisible, and so much a part of you that you don’t know it is there, but it is unique to you and by understanding it will give you power.

Perhaps the only way to understand YOU is to give time to YOU. I know that seems impossible when you have to go to work and then put on the dinner and wash the clothes and etcetera but I’m talking about paying attention to you and what you do, how you think and the processes that led you there.

Life can be so noisy at the moment, mentally and physically; you almost have to be superhuman in order to survive it. Imagine though giving yourself ten minutes in the day to take in some calm and to listen to yourself. Maybe you could even use this time to thank yourself and realise how amazing you are at juggling such a hectic schedule. Would this be more beneficial to you than watching half an hour of miserable, supposedly realistic soaps?

I’m all for conspiracies, and JFK is a great movie, have you ever wondered if you have spent your entire life being told by authorities that you are not special? Take a moment to think about school and how that has shaped the way that you think about yourself, did your school experience make you feel good or indifferent about your ability to succeed?

Everyone is the same and as such, must be treated the same. Wrong.

I suppose the big question is:
ARE YOU DOING THE VERY THING THAT YOU ALWAYS WANTED TO DO?

As you become conditioned to FIT into the world structure you set out on a journey to please others: notably bosses and banks. You are lucky if your boss tells you that you are doing a good job, because the truth is it doesn’t matter as you are ultimately expendable, it is all a ruse to try and convince you that you are HAPPY. The fact is you are pleasing them, not the other way around, and the same goes for banks: you do not own the home, they do; and if you fail to pay them they will have it back.

So, the lies are large and are there to put you in your place, the truth is that you can achieve anything that you want, and that is done by using your super-powers.

I ask myself, are the homeless, drug addicts, drunks, and all others who have gone “against the grain”, people that have unique gifts whom society has turned away from? Imagine living in a world that doesn’t accept you, labels you as a freak, a geek, even eccentric; this means that those who have decided to follow their uniqueness are all the braver, whether that is by following your career, your sexuality or your gender. It is your life, it has to be true to you despite what others might expect.

Society is, by default, the SUPER-VILLAIN; and YOU are the SUPERHERO who must thwart it. You will find your unique ability inside you, it is your soul and heart, your dreams and desires. All that is required of you is to push the FOCUS of YOUR life onto YOU, for the only person responsible for you is…

You.

I don’t fit into this world and I am often labelled because of it; I feel it, I think it, and my soul knows it. I have tried to follow the expected footsteps and pathways which society wants you to follow and it only makes me deeply unhappy. Society, the level of intelligence of those in charge, decisions that are made, what I see in the real world around me, our human politics and the control money has over us, makes me sad inside. Sometimes that sadness is overwhelming and I have to disappear for a time. But what makes me sad, the emotion that it causes, can also give me strength; it makes me, ME and that is my super-power.

I don’t need a cape to be a superhero, but I am a superhero on my journey.

And I will win my battle.

Zac Thraves is a storyteller and writer living in Kent; please contact if, you so wish, on zacharystories@outlook.com        


 

No comments: