Friday 23 August 2019

Ten Ways To Leave The Job You Hate

Today I received an email from my superiors reminding me of all the mistakes I have made and how to correct them; funny, I have never received an email highlighting all the things that I have done really well and to keep up the good work. Ah, local government, the art of making people feel like shit is not lost on them.

The best boss I ever had was my old stage manager at the Assembly Hall Theatre in Tunbridge Wells, his name was John Sumner and he looked after his team, was fair, was excellent at his job and firm when he had to be.

The worst boss I have ever worked for is currently sitting in charge of Libraries, Registration and Archives for Kent County Council. I can't even remember the persons name, in this case anonymity is not a good thing.


Ten signs you know when it is time to hang up your boots and get the fuck out of that job:

12. When you wake up in the morning with the smell of hatred in your nostrils.


Isn't it ironic that kids these days love the song Radio Ga Ga by Queen, yet never listen to the radio.

13. When you are travelling to work and willing the bus to break down and leave you stranded in the middle of nowhere for days.

I love cartoons, and when I watch them I feel happy. It is important to feel happy. Statistically we are 59% less happy than we were a couple of days ago, where it was recorded that we were 74.5% happy. What happened? I can only surmise that the cartoon intake was less a couple of days ago. In order to bring our happiness ratio back up, here is a cartoon for your general enjoyment. 



Isn't it queer that general and genital sound almost identical. I bet that causes fun in the army.

9. When you arrive at work and feel an utter sense of bewilderment, bafflement, loss, panic and anxiety. That you wish you had a big red button that would cause the office to implode, with you sitting right in the middle of the carnage.

We all make decisions in life, for instance, when we wake we decide whether to breath or not. This proves how important it is to make good decisions based on evidence, fact-sourcing and positivity. Meaning, that if you really want to leave your job...

HAVE A PLAN. Mind Your Business - in book form, it helps.

Oscar Wilde once said-

JUST BE YOURSELF BECAUSE EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN.

And I would like to finisē this weeks' blog with a little bit about imagination.
You have a wonderful imagination, and it is vital that you exercise it. Just think of it as a working part of your body that needs to go to the gym. In order to make a better life for yourself you need to imagine a better life; your subconscious will the set you on the path to make it happen.
Make it happen. Life is short. Life is important. In the immortal words of E.T.:

BE GOOD



No comments: